Monday, August 4, 2008

Body Image

My whole life I have struggled with my body image. Even when I was my skinniest I wasn't satisfied. It all started when I was in high school and I can pin-point why my issues started (but I prefer not to share). I am still working on these issues but I have come a long way. I have done things to my body that I am NOT proud of (things that I will not share either). This is why I am doing it the healthy way, and this is also why I need the support from everyone reading this.

One of my pet-peaves is how our society portrays what we should or shouldn't look like. This is why the there is a rise in eating disorders amongst teens and college students. Would we all like to look like the celebrities - shoot yeah! But do I want to have surgery or pay the big bucks to have the personal chef and trainer - No way! I don't want my children to grow up having the same struggles that I did. I want them to be happy with who they are and the person that God created them to be. This is also what I wish for myself and I am slowly but surely getting there.

No comments: