Monday, August 4, 2008

Diets & Desperation

I am one of those that will try anything and everything to lost weight. I have tried weight loss pills, herbs, LA weight loss, and even Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers helped me get some of the baby weight off, but once I plateaued I was basically eating nothing, which I know slows your metabolism way down. I'm not saying that these things don't work for people, they just weren't working for me. There are two other diets that I have tried that I didn't mention and that's because they are the only two that have actually really worked for me. They are: Body for Life by Bill Phillips, and Making The Cut by Jillian Michaels.

These plans are a way of life and are very similar in comparison. They teach you what to eat and what not to eat. Good Carbs VS Bad Carbs. How long to each between each meals, etc. I have eaten more on the two plans than I have ever eaten before. It goes to show that by eating the right things, and eating frequently can very much speed up your metabolism.

The other aspect of these plans are exercise, and I don't just mean lifting some weights, I mean LIFTING some weights and massive cardio. They work you out like you have never been worked out before. For example, before starting Jillian's Making The Cut (30 Day) program I was running 2 miles a day and doing some weight training every-other day, along with going to Zumba classes twice a week. When I started the program in June, the first day I did her workout I thought I was going to pass out and even vomited (keep in mind that I was home with my two children). Sorry to be so graphic, but I wanted you to know the intensity of her work outs. Of course it's easy to quit since your doing all this on your own, but in my mind I act like she is right there with me telling me "5 more - you got this!" And I muster up enough strength to do those 5 more.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I also was successful with Body for Life but I really had a hard time staying with it. I hate the feeling of "cheating" if I ate one treat or feeling like I had to take the free day which might end up being the free weekend. I really love the eating for life book, really easy family friendly recipes.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

The vomit comment made me laugh. I felt like that with BFL when I first started. I was sore for about 8 weeks. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

You are so pretty, by the way. :)

Sandy