Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Jumping Lunges - UHHHH!

Today I did the DVD again and did the hardest level. There is one circuit that you do traveling push-ups and then go into squats with shoulder press holding dumbbells (I did 8 lbs). My shoulders were on FIRE, it was really hard to do the second set of traveling push-ups. On the second circuit we did jumping lunges (I had never done them before starting her program). I can't even begin to explain how my legs felt. It's almost beyond pain and yet I still have to strive to do one after another.

Level 3 of the DVD is also harder because the cardio sections involve working large muscle group at the same time. Such as jump squats, or something she calls butt kicks (it's like jogging, but trying to kick yourself in the rear with the heals of your feet).

Today I also did my usual 20 minute run on the treadmil at interval speeds. I followed it up with some abs workout on a body ball, along with a one minute plank.

My body is feeling pretty spent right now. I'm just glad that tomorrow is an off day for working out. I'll probably post something on my diet.

2 comments:

Sara said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! your workout blog is WAY more interesting than mine!!! and your working out is INTENSE!!! you really look great!! and believe me, i know how hard this is--our bodies have been through some CRAZY stuff, and you and i in particular, it seems, have some of the same struggles of easily packing it on and having to almost kill ourselves to get it off!!! i have been taking it slow this week, and have actually been pleased that i don't feel like i'm gaining 20 pounds!!!.. i'm wondering if a week off will do me good to get back into the groove next week!!!.... anyway, this is SO cool!! i'm glad we'll be able to keep up with each other and encourage each other through this!!!.... i really should post some pics on mine!.... love you, girl!! i'm SO proud of you--keep up the good work!!!

Sarah said...

You've inspired me in more ways than you know, Sara. You're workouts are just as intense as mine and you have Alexis pushing you!
Hopefully you taking a week off and giving your body a bit of a break will help recharge it and get it back into "weight loss" mode. I'm all about changing up a routine because the body get used to things that you do.
I'm very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I hope you don't mind me putting a link to your site on mine.