Monday, August 4, 2008

Making The Cut

I started Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut (30 Day) program the second week in June (After seeing our Phoenix vacation photos). This program is made for those who are trying to get off the last stubborn 10-20 lbs. By the end of June I had lost 7 lbs. I remember this because we were getting ready for another vacation and I was worried about gaining it all back. (I actually maintained!)
Here it is the beginning of August and I have lost 11 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that!! My goal is to lose 20, so I'm more than half-way there.
Jillian's workout is based on circuits (Six of them to be exact). You do some lifting (sometimes doing two muscle groups at once), and you go from one exercise to the other without have any kind of break in between. At the end of every circuit there is a minute of cardio, and then you only get 30 seconds of rest before going to the next circuit. It's exhausting, but it keeps your heart-rate where it needs to be. And obviously this is working for me.
I will be posting on my exercise and diet almost everyday to keep everybody updated!

1 comment:

DeNelle said...

Im so happy to hear this is working for you. I am a week into the plan. I have tried many others with no results and would really like to shed 15-20 lbs. I love the idea of circut training, so many people tell me to just focus on cardio so thats what I did all summer along with counting calories but I havent lost any weight and very little in inches. please keep this up I would love to hear how long it took you in total so I know what to look forward to. Good luck and keep it up! Hoping to be joining you in losing weight.

D