Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mondays Workout

Yesterday I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. This DVD is broken down into three 20 minute workouts with three different intensity levels. I did the first 10 minutes of the lowest intensity one and then did the full medium level workout. These workouts are three different circuits that start with strength & weights then it goes straight into cardio and finishes with abs. Again you go through this three different times with different exercises each time.

In the evening before preparing my family dinner I have been doing a 20 minute session on the treadmill. I start out walking at 4mph for the first minute and then every minute I increase the speed until I reach 7 mph. Once I stay there for a full minute I bump it back down to 5.5 mph for a minute and do it all over again. I do this for 20 minutes. On the last minute I sprint at 8 mph (sometimes at 9 mph if I'm feeling good). Then I finish with walking for a couple minutes just to cool down.

No comments: