Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Off Day

Today was an off day for me. I usually do two intense days of DVD workouts, take a day off, then do two intense 40 minute workouts from the Making The Cut book followed by two days off.

Taking the days off are highly needed. For example when you are lifting weights and doing strength training - you know on those last few reps how bad your muscles are burning? Well you're tearing down those muscle fibers. It's on your days off that your muscles build themselves up even stronger than before. This is why it is so critical to give your body the rest time that it needs.

Needless to say, just to get my heart pumping and burn a few extra calories I chose to do a 20 minute (2 Mile) run. Normally I do take my "Off" days completely off, but my husband's 10 year high school reunion is this weekend so I'm trying to look as "fit" as possible.

Tomorrow I am doing a book workout (40 minutes), and then in the evening a 20 minute interval run. (This is my plan anyway!)

1 comment:

Sara said...

sarah, only you would call running 2 miles a "day off." you're funny:) but i do understand wanting to workout EXTRA before a big event! you look AWESOME!!!... you're so beautiful and you're going to be GREAT on kris' arm at his reunion this weekend!!!:) you go, girl!!