Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunion Update & Favorite Snack


Well, some of you know that I've been working hard to get into shape for my husband's 10 year high school reunion. I'm halfway to my goal and will continue to work hard. Here is a picture before the reunion. I orignally planned to wear a black dress, but changed my mind last minute. I'm glad that I did or I would have been really overdressed. We ended up having a great time, but I really don't know why I was so nervous about it. It was good to see old faces.

Being that Sunday's are a day of rest for me. I decided to share one of my favorite snacks with you. Being that the diet doesn't allow to have any sweets, a chocolate protein shake taste just as good to me. Some of you might cringe at the thought of a protein shake, but I honestly don't think it's that bad. I buy them by the bulk at Sam, but I've also seen them at Target & Walmart. You can get Strawberry, Vanilla, & Chocolate. I prefer the Chocolate. They are EAS AdvantEDGE (Carb Control). It has 110 Calories, 3 g of Fat, 4 g of carbs, and 17 g of Protein. Which is really good compared to most protein shakes. I drink it around 8:30 in the evening and it helps to control those last evening cravings. Both programs (Making The Cut & Body For Life) recommend these shakes.

In the future I plan on sharing more of my favorite foods and snacks. And I would love hearing some of your favorites, so feel free to share in the comments section.

1 comment:

Sara said...

sarah, seriously, you're an inspiration! and right now, i NEED that!!! i have had little desire to workout lately!... but hopefully will have a good week this week! thanks for the snack tip--that's my hardest thing! esp. before bed!!!... btw, you look AWESOME!! glad you had fun at the reunion!! love ya, girl!