Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday - Book Workout

Today I did a 40 minute book workout. (Day 21 of Making The Cut to be exact). It was a little different than usual because it started out with a full circuit of cardio. There is just something about the book workouts that really makes me feel like I'm working my body out HARD. (And I'm kind of crazy...but I LOVE it.) I'm one of those people who likes to feel sore the next day, because it means that I got a really good workout. If I'm not sore than I didn't work myself hard enough.

I've been noticing that I can do more than what I used to be able to. For example, when I started the program the second week of June, I could only do about 5-8 real push-ups (NOT girl push-ups). I can now do over 20 without rest. This makes me feel really good, but now I'm going to have to start lifting more weight while doing the same exercises. We'll see how that goes!

I will be doing my 20 (2 mile) interval run again later. And tomorrow will be another book workout with a run in the evening.

*Snack of the Day: 20 Unsalted Almonds (You can also eat unsalted cashews)

2 comments:

MamaHenClucks said...

My favorite part? Your snack of the day. :) I love Almonds and/or cashews. Yummy!

Sara said...

sarah, you're amazing!! what can i say??.... thanks for being an inspiration to me lately!!!....