Monday, August 11, 2008

Workout Partner

Just Look at those Abs (His..not mine!)


I just might have the cutest workout partner ever! This was just this morning during my workout. I had a little somebody who wanted to do exactly what Mommy was doing. Here we are doing bicycle crunches together. He is one strong little boy - he can hold the plank position FOREVER. And boy can he do a mean push-up!

I am all about accountability. That's one of the reasons for me doing this blog, so that you all can hold me accountable for the things that I'm suppose to be doing! My great friend Sara has a great workout partner. Back in college one of my close friends and I would go the YMCA every morning before our classes. It was awesome to have someone there with me. It actually make you push yourself harder.

In saying this, I not saying that you can't workout and lose weight on your own - because that is exactly what I'm doing now. I will soon be posting a section on just how you can manage working out at home rather than going to the gym.

This morning I got up and did my usual 25 minute DVD workout. I had my moments during the workout, but afterwards I felt like I could have pushed myself harder. So, needless to say I will be running later this evening.

*Snack of the day: Two Multi grain Wasa crackers with 1 Tbs of Natural Peanut Butter with 1 tsp of Sugar free jelly.

3 comments:

Sara said...

way to go, sarah! it's awesome having a workout partner! at this point in my life, i couldn't do it any other way! this week is getting tricky for me!.... shane had to work EARLY today, so i didn't get to the Y and then tomorrow i have a test at 9:30, which might end up interfering--b/c by the time i get back home, cleaned up and get the kids ready to go to my sisters where they're going to hang out, i'm just not sure i'll have the time.... i'm SO thankful for your blog, b/c it's helping me stay motivated to stay on track!! i don't know why i've gotten so burnt out all of the sudden!....

Sarah said...

Don't get me wrong - I can exercise like crazy, but I still have my moments when I want a chocolate chip cookie sooooo bad. (Like today, I ate about a tsp of cookie dough and felt guilty). Also, I would probably lose more weight if I would give up my two cups of coffee with flavored creamer. But I would rather give up chocolate than my coffee. (I know it's sad isn't it!)

Meghan said...

What a handsome little guy! I bet it makes your workouts that much more interesting and fun when you have him for a workout partner!

You girls are doing great and you both look amazing!