Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday's Food for Thought & Workout

Today I did book workout - Day 22. I was pretty sore from yesterday's workout, but that didn't stop me. Knowing that I have the next two days off helped as well. The cross over lunges with hammer curls wasn't really any fun. Being that I was already sore I really had to push myself through these. To be honest, I stopped half-way through and then forced myself to finish the rest. The other part that was a challenge was running at 10 % incline at 6 mph for one minute (twice during the workout). Afterwards, my 2 1/2 year old son came over and said, "Mommy are you OK?" I was breathing like I was taking my last breath!

Instead of running today I did an aerobic routine. I am starting a workout class at our church on Saturday mornings. I haven't taught in 7 years, so I've been practicing some of the things that I will be doing. I used to teach kick boxing, step, body sculpt and yoga - but like I said, that was 7 years ago. So wish me luck, because I'm definitely going to need it!!! I don't think I got my heart rate up to where it needed to be, but at least I burned a few more calories!

Here is today's Diet journal:

Breakfast: Bowl of Kashi cereal with skim milk and protein powder mixed in = 340

Lunch: Shredded chicken (that marinated in salsa in the crock pot) over lettuce with 1 tbsp of light ranch dressing, 8 chips and salsa = 330

Two cups coffee with flavored creamer = 100

Snack: 2 wasa crackers with 2 Tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter and sugar free jelly = 310

Dinner: (My own creation) Whole Wheat penne pasta, extra lean ground beef with low sodium taco seasoning, lentils, light spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese. = 200

Bites of cake and ice cream (from my daughters birthday party) = 150

Water Intake: 4 liters

Total: 1430 (I think the high calorie, but very good for me, snack helped me out today with getting to where my caloric intake should be!)

2 comments:

Hope said...

How awesome that your are going to start a class at church! I was just thinking the other day when I was reading one of your posts that I thought you used to teach some classes. Too funny that I was thinking about that and then you mention it. Great job again today!

Sara said...

you ARE doing awesome!! i wish i could take the class!!! your workouts inspire me!... i'm thinking of getting some new exercise equipment w/ my bday $... then i can maybe do some of "making the cut" with you!!!... you're amazing (can't say it enough!) and way to go getting your calories up there!! YEAH!!!:)