Monday, September 1, 2008

No Loss, No Gain

This weigh in was another dreaded weigh in. I really don't like weighing in right after the weekend, because that is when I allow myself to have a "free meal & dessert" and I don't know if this will hinder what I've done throughout the week. So, I'm debating on moving it to Tuesdays instead.

Anyway, I still weighed in this morning. I weighed 141 which means that I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. I've been waiting for this to happen. I have no excuse for this. I'm sure that my free meal of an O'Charleys Salad, 1/2 peice of pizza, and three chocolate chip cookies doesn't help the weight loss issue. And either does having a BBQ with friends over and me fixing brownies - eating one of them, along with having chips in salsa. Thanks again, Todd (from See Todd Run) again for that AMAZING salsa recipe. It's not the salsa that's bad at all, it's the chips that I use to shovel the salsa in that is bad!

Today we had my in-laws over for dinner and she makes the most AMAZING cakes EVER! And I have had a total of 5 bites of a piece! If you've tasted one of her cakes, then you would know that I have shown a tremendous amount of restraint! It was extremely hard for me!

After seeing that I didn't lose any weight this morning I did a book workout instead of the DVD knowing that I probably wouldn't get a run in this evening. Below is my diet for the day:

Breakfast: One Cup of Kashi Go lean cereal with skim milk and a protein shake

2 Cups of Regular coffee with flavored creamer

Lunch: Salad with Fat Free Mozarella cheese, 8 crushed almonds, and balsamic vinegar

Snack: 1 Wasa Cracker with 1 Tbs of Natural Peanut Butter and 1 tsp of Sugar Free Jelly

Dinner: 1 Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 Cup Steamed Broccoli with I can't believe It's not butter SPRAY (Love it!), and 3 bites of Potatoe Salad.

Water Intake: I'm currently working on my 5th (32 oz) Nalgene bottle.

I'm also drinking 1 cup of decaf coffee with flavored creamer as I'm typing this!


Today was a very tempting day for me for some reason. I'm not sure that my husband being home from work today played a role in that. I fixed him and the kiddos cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then stuck to my plan. It was an all around hard day for me, and I showed some massive restraint even though I was wanting to give in so bad. I hope the rest of this week isn't as tempting as today was.

2 comments:

Hope said...

If you had all that temptation around and still stuck to your plan, I'd say you did a MIGHTY FINE JOB! Your food journal looks great, give yourself more credit, even if the scale doesn't show it! You're doing great!

Sara said...

i feel i've been in a constant state of "temptation" lately!!!... i'm glad i haven't been putting on the pounds--i guess i've been doing good enough to maintain, but i'm not at all where i want to be yet!! so, i'm trying to get RE-motivated!!!... i think your diet looks GREAT!! esp. for a holiday--lots of extra junk food! i say you did AWESOME!!! (much better than me!:) oh, and i'm going for MORE water today--i may try to keep up with you.... um, MAYBE, that is....:)