Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today's Confession

As you can see I'm been slacking lately on the posts - and for a very good reason. I took yesterday off because it was my "off" day. I have a ton going on right now and I feel like I was getting too consumed by the way I look instead of doing this to be "healthy".

I lead a Bible study with two of my close friends. Women Seeking Him. When I read the verse that I'm about to share with you it's as if God was speaking straight to me.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?" Matthew 6:25

I'm not doing this so I can "Look Good!" I'm doing this so that I can be healthy for my family (and to be able to keep up with my children!) I don't want to harm the body that God gave me, but I do want to take care of it, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I will still be posting like I have been because I do want to inspire other people to have a health way of life. I just might take a few days off here and there!

Now, as for today's workout. I have to say that after 2 hrs of working out on Tuesday my body was very sore, and is still sore. I did Day 29 again today as I had on Monday, but everything seemed twice as hard being that I was sore. The two workouts that I moaned and groaned through were Shoulder raises in a static lunges position, and Bicycle crunches. On Tuesday I did a TON of ab work, so when I started hurting during the 1 minute plank position I knew that it wasn't going to be easy to do the 100 Bicycle crunches. I did 30, took a very short break, did another 30, took another short break, 30 more, break, and pushed through the last 10. My stomach felt like it was in knots, but hey at least I did them!

Tomorrow is Day 30 and then I will be revising my workout routine.

2 comments:

Sara said...

good for you, sarah! i know it was most likely a hard decision, but the best one you could make!! i've been slacking (obviously) in my posts lately too, and it's for similar reasons! i really have to pace myself right now with all that is going on, and working out, while it is a priority, it's NOT my first priority--or second or third, for that matter... and you're right, it's good to stay healthy and be conscious of it, i think that is a good thing.. but to obsess and have it run our lives is NOT what God intends!!!... thanks for sharing, and we'll continue to encourage each other!!!... i know i'll need these kind of reminders from you:) thanks again! i'm SO proud of you!!!

MamaHenClucks said...

I just posted over at weighing in, too, but I'm going to say the same thing to you - It's great to be able to recognize when it's time to take a break or focus on somethng else. I tend to obsess over things to the point that it excludes everything else. Being healthy for your family is a great thing. I love the scripture you posted because I think (strangly) that I'm always a little surprised that God talks about EVERYTHING in the bible. Doesn't it seem to really speak to the obsessions we can get with our weight and body image? Like I don't think of people in biblical times having body image issues (as someone who had/has them) so it's striking to me that that is in there. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm rambling so I'll stop. Just good for you, for being healthy and making right choices for your family and you :)