Thursday, September 18, 2008

Today's Workout and Food For Thought

Today I did another book workout. For some reason it didn't kill me like it did on Sunday - but I think I have a reason for this. My parents are in town from Texas and they were in the living room while I was working out. There is something to be said about being observed while you're working out. I felt like I could push myself and not kill myself at the same time. I used to teach aerobics, step, body sculpting, kick boxing, and yoga about 7 years ago and I felt like I could do it for hours because I had to "perform" or "be an example" for others so that they could do what I was doing. Really... have you ever seen an instructor hunched over gasping for air? (Which I do in my own living rooms sometimes!) I feel that it's almost an adrenaline rush - which obviously gives you an energy boost. We will see if it does this for me again tomorrow!!

Here is my diet journal for the day:

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean with skim milk and protein powder mixed in = 340

1 Cup coffee with flavored creamer and bite of brownie = 100

Lunch: Grill Turkey Sandwich from DQ (Minus the mayo, cheese, & bacon) and two fries = 350

Snack: Fat Free yogurt and 6 almonds = 120

Dinner: Large salad with 6 crushed almonds, fat free mozzarella and balsamic vinegar, 1 piece sausage pizza = 390

Water: 4 Liters

Total: 1300

2 comments:

Sara said...

WOW!!! yeah, i get performance anxiety instead of a rush!!!.... i don't really like having people WATCH me!:) i'm glad it was a boost for you today!!!.... i'm glad you stuck to your workout even when you had company--that's awesome!!! you're doing GREAT, as usual!!!

Jim said...

You said:
"There is something to be said about being observed while you're working out."

Absolutely! It makes a huge difference. At least it does for me. Best wishes.