Friday, October 24, 2008

Fit Friday Week 1




We completed our first week of getting "Hot of the Holidays". Here is was my workout routine for the week:

Monday: I did a cardio day because I had a 9-1:00 meeting to attend. (I normally work from my home). I ended up doing 25 minutes of 1 minute sprints at 9 mph, and then walked for 1.5 minutes.

Tuesday: I did a book workout from Making the Cut. These workouts are circuits which consist of strength training and cardio boosts, followed by abs.

Wednesday: Off Day

Thursday: Another Making the Cut workout

Friday: Making the Cut workout

I don't usually have big diet issues. Trust me I'm not perfect, and sure I splurge. For example, two days this week I had a hersey kiss after lunch, but I did limit it to just one. My son also always give me one side of his OREO (the side without the icing) - who can resist your 3 year child sharing with you! My biggest issue is my coffee drinking. I have two large cups a day with flavored creamer and a no-calorie sweetner. I have also been trying to cut back on the Diet soda. I usually have one a day, but I'm now allowing myself one every-other-day.

Here is what I try to do each day. I tend to eat 5 small meals a day. I have a good carb with protein in each of these. I eat veggies with lunch and dinner, and my snack usually include fruit. I don't go more than 4 hours without eating, and I have a late evening snack around 9:00. By doing this I feel that it keep my metabolism going and feuled to burn more calories.

The Weigh In:

Before I say this I wanted to remind you all that I have a 4 month head start on your guys. I started working out and losing weight the second week in June. This is very doable for you all, and I know how important a support system is when trying to lose weight.

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 136. I lost 1 lb this week. This brings me to a total of 19 lbs. Again, my goal was to lose between 20-25 lbs. I am almost there, but I know the last pounds are the hardest to get off, so I have some work cut out for me.

Pictures Below:

Here is a Very short video of my son. He came up to me and said, "Mommy I'm working out!" He started breathing really hard and then said, "Mommy sounds like this!" You might have to turn up the volume to hear him. Funny how kiddos pick up on certain things!


video




Here are a few pictures of my workout today. Again, I've been doing these workouts (which are different every day) since June - and trust me, it never get any easier. On Thurday I pushed myself so hard on the Sprints (Treadmill at a 10% incline, running at 6 mph) I actually thought I was going to pass out.





8 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

AWESOME job! You look fantastic by the way! Even though you have a head start, I'm so glad that you have joined us. We need your inspiration to keep us all going!

As far as my blog goes, I did have a designer. So I have no idea how to help you get the border thing around pictures, sorry!

Thanks for stopping by and I'm sure I'll be talkin to you next week! Have a great week!

The Smiths said...

You inspire me! Great job this week and your son's comment is precious. I do my body planks while my newborn does tummy time. My 2 year old got on his elbows last night while I was folding clothes and said, "tummy time, mommy."

A friend of mine does her headers on scrapblog.com. I think they have borders for pictures.

Sara said...

sarah, you're doing AWESOME!!! you inspire me!:) i've had another horrible week!! i can't quite get myself motivated again!!!.... i'm hoping next week can be a fresh start!!! i'll keep coming back here for inspiration!

Membership Required said...

You are so committed!!! I so couldnt do it with out going to a gym because I would so find an excuse. Good Luck on your next few pounds. I'll be checking in next Friday.

Colored With Memories said...

wow, you are motivating me to push myself a little harder...like actually get to the gym!

i'm also laughing because i have that same purple step...my mother-in-law and i both bought it years ago off an infomercial i believe!

Erica said...

Great job!

I just wanted to comment on your comment to me. It's not a "no-carb" diet. It's a "low-carb" diet. I haven't given up bread and carbs completely, just eating huge portions of them. :)

Lisa said...

Yes, almost there...you look great!

Emily said...

i forgot all about my "ham arm" when i saw your abs...you look fab!! thanks for the motivation-