Friday, October 17, 2008

Fit Fridays



I am joining a group of ladies from It's Almost Naptime to get "Hot For the Holidays". Like I have said in previous posts, to me, it's about being healthy again. I have been on this journey since June when I saw myself in some vacation pictures. At that point I had already been trying to get off the baby weight from having my second (and last) child in September 2007. Nothing was happening, so I knew I had to take it up a whole new level. I started doing Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut I currently weigh 137 lbs. I have already lost a total of 18 lbs. My goal is to lose 20-25 lbs and be around 130 lbs. I feel that this is a very healthy weight for me, and a very feasible goal to accomplish. I have hit a major plateau (I only lost 1 lb in a month) and I feel that by doing this with all of you I will be able to push through this and continue to lose the weight.


I plan on continuing the program that I've been doing, but I tend to change things up to have variety. I have already posted a lot on the workouts that I do, so you can glance through them if you wish.
Here are some before pictures. These are the pictures that I literally cried over when I saw.




Here are some "now" photos. I took top one about a month ago, and I took the bottom one a couple of weeks ago when I could finally get into a pair of jeans I wore right after I got married.

I look forward to joining you all in Getting Fit For the Holidays!! I wish you all the best!

10 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Good luck! I am right there with you with very similar goals. I'll be cheering you on!

Colored With Memories said...

I too am trying to lose baby weight...from my second baby born in July of 2007...when was your first born...our kiddos may be about the same age.

I think you look great already...isn't it fun to fit into a pair of old jeans!?!

Brittany said...

I think we've got quite the support group going here!!

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

You look awesome! Keep up the great work!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

WOW! You are so brave for posting that pic!! Good for you!!!

You are already looking fantastic. I am inspired.

So glad you are joining us!

Membership Required said...

Good Luck this week "Fit Friday Sister."

Membership Required said...

Good Luck this week "Fit Friday Sister."

Mom: Fitness Junkie said...

You look FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work.

Lisa said...

Glad I found your blog through the Fit Friday. Sounds like a great way to do something hard.

I like working out so much better than I like watching what I eat. Yay for the treadmill!

Life In Progress said...

You look so great! I'm a little late joining in, but I'm with you guys for Fit Fridays.