Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Back!!

Well I'm back from my weekend get-away anyway! My family and I went to Dallas, TX over the weekend to visit my parents and brother. We left Thursday evening, and arrived back home at 9:30 this morning.

Before I left I tried to get in as many workouts as I could without overwhelming my body. I ended up doing Making the Cut book workouts on Monday & Tuesday. Wednesday I ran for 30 minutes (3.25 Miles). Thursday I did another book workout.

While I was gone I had every intention of working out - besides me running through the airport pushing a double stroller that is hard to steer with an extra 55 pounds on it. I even packed workout clothes. So yesterday afternoon, while my kiddos were napping, I put on those workout clothes and running shoes. I ran about 1.5 miles through my parent's subdivision (which is beautiful!) I am so used to running on the treadmill, so it was actually hard for me and I had to really push myself. I'm really glad that I did it because I felt great afterwards!

As for eating... well that's just a whole new ball game. For some reason I couldn't keep my hands off the sweets!!!! I did eat healthier options whenever possible (chicken instead of a hamburger, chicken breast deli sandwich on whole wheat with Fat free ranch). I also tried to fill up on veggies as much as I could, because I knew this would help me to not over eat and stay full longer. Also, my water intake wasn't near what it normally is - I blame this on not having my water bottle. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't go anywhere without my nalgene water bottle, and anyone who flies on the airlines knows that you can't get it through security!!! I tried to make it as best as I could without it.

I will be weighing in tomorrow whether I want to or not. I haven't worked out today since we got in town this morning, so I may try to run a little later when the kiddos get up from their naps. I will let you all know how it goes!! Hopefully I will be posting a little more frequently now. This last month has been complete chaos for me. Now it's time to get back into my normal routine!

No comments: