Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Working Out From Home

I have posted before about working out from home. Take a look at the older post to see what equipment I used from home http://allpain-nogain.blogspot.com/2008/08/working-out-from-home.html

This is my fifth time through Making the Cut. This is a program that is definitly designed to do in a gym, but I have tweaked some of the exercises so that I can still get the benefits from them in my very own home.

Below is a picture of a girl in the gym doing a lat pulldown. I don't have this kind of equipment at home, so the second picture is what I do to work the same muscle group.

I take my resistance band and put in around the top of my front door. I put my hands where the give me enough resistance for a good workout and I pull downward.



This next picture is of a man on a seated row machine. You can do rows with dumbells, but the seated rows works the muscle group from a different angle. The second picture is how I made my very own seated row...




I put my resistance band around the base of my treadmil and sat back to where the resistance band would be tight enough to pull. I then pull with my arms close to my sides.

This is a great buns and hamstring workout from a step. They are called one-legged pelvic thrusts. Place one foot on the step while the other leg is straight up in the air.

Step 1


Push through the heal of the foot on the step and lifting your pelvis towards the ceiling & tightening your glutes. Hold for a count and go back to the starting position.

Step 2

4 comments:

Hope said...

Okay, you totally gave me some new ideas. I bought resistance bands a long time ago and haven't used them yet because of the whole learning curve with something I wasn't used to. I LOVE weight-lifting at the gym, but haven't been able to afford that for years, so I usually just do what I can between dumbells, exercise ball, and lunges/squats. You've inspired me to break out the resistance bands and give 'em a shot. By the way, you look great in that pic! I can tell a huge difference from the pics you posted just a few weeks ago. You are doing so awesome!

Dani Joy said...

I am so excited! I am going to get me a resistance band today!! yay!!
Thanks Sarah for everything! man your abs are flat!!
What are you doing for them?

Michele Williams said...

Thank you so much! I will do some of those!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I have never used a resistance band. What an awesome idea. Hope your weekend slows down and you are able to breathe soon.

Love,
Sandy