Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me (Early) & Fit Friday # 8

This pasted weekend my children had their first all-niter at my in laws house. I have been nervous about them being away from me for awhile now, so my in laws decided that an early Christmas gift would help keep my mind on the right track. And can I just say that it worked!!!

It just so happened that my father in law read my family blog where I participated in a Christmas tag and one of the questions was...

21. What do you want for Christmas? New Running Shoes, some new clothes (since I’ve lost some weight). I would LOVE a Wii but it’s just WAY too expensive (especially since I want wii fit too).

video

Now on a bad note. I spent the last 12 hours bowing down to the porcelain throne. My children had the stomack flu first and then I came down with it (and I can't believe that my precious children had to go through this). This week I also started taking my kids to the Y, which was great, but not so great when the pick up a bug. (It was either there or the church nursery.) But at least it only lasted 24 hours!
Anyway...I got on the scale this morning and it still said 133 lbs - so no lose, no gain.

Here was my workout routine for the week:

Monday: Lifted at the YMCA and did 1 mile of cardio

Tuesday: Ran 2 miles in the morning, and lifted at the YMCA in the evening

Wednesday: 1 hour of Wii fit while my children were sleeping

Thursday: Making the Cut Book Workout Day 25

Friday: Recovering from the Stomach flu.

Now go check out all the other ladies at It's Almost Naptime and see how they did at Gettin' Hot for the Holidays.

5 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Oh, I want a Wiifit so bad. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Hope you are enjoying it, what a sweet Father In Law!

I am so sorry you were sick, hope you are back to your old self soon! Have a great week!

Sara said...

oh, sarah, you look SO great! i'm SO proud of you!!!.. no, things haven't quite slowed down for us yet... not sure when that will happen!... i did get 2 workouts in this week--somehow.... i'm looking forward to the new year and a new start!!! you DO have a sweet father-in-law!! AWESOME!!!:) love ya!!!

Cedcr said...

Hi! My name is Christy, and I ran into your blog randomly after looking up stuff about Jillian Michaels book "Making the Cut"/BMR info on the net. I hope you don't mind me posting on here :)

I want to let you know your blog is very inspiring to me. I have been seriously considering doing the "MTC" workout. I'm on my last 10 lbs to lose...I've lost 7-8 lbs since October and it's definitely been a rollercoaster! I've been working my butt off everyday for at least an hour and overanalyze all the stuff I need to do. It can be a struggle for sure and your blog helped me see I'm not alone. I saw myself nodding my head as I read some of your posts!

I can relate to alot of the things you say--it's so frustrating losing from one place and not another! Thanks so much for the inspiration. It's hard to find it this time of year.

Sincerely,
C

Cedcr said...

Hi! My name is Christy, and I ran into your blog randomly after looking up stuff about Jillian Michaels book "Making the Cut"/BMR info on the net. I hope you don't mind me posting on here :)

I want to let you know your blog is very inspiring to me. I have been seriously considering doing the "MTC" workout. I'm on my last 10 lbs to lose...I've lost 7-8 lbs since October and it's definitely been a rollercoaster! I've been working my butt off everyday for at least an hour and overanalyze all the stuff I need to do. It can be a struggle for sure and your blog helped me see I'm not alone. I saw myself nodding my head as I read some of your posts!

I can relate to alot of the things you say--it's so frustrating losing from one place and not another! Thanks so much for the inspiration. It's hard to find it this time of year.

Sincerely,
C

Sarah said...

Hi Christy. It's nice to meet you. I have struggled with my weight most of my life and the only thing that really works for me is just down right busting my tush!
I love Jillian's program. I am also a fan of Body for Life, but I feel that Making The Cut is doable from home.
Thank you for calling me an inspiration - because that is the whole point of the blog. # 1 is for me to get healthy in a healthy way, and # 2 to help others know that it's possible!
If you ever have any questions I'm here! I wish you the best of luck with your last 10 lbs! You can do it!