Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Weigh In... Oh the Weigh In!

I have been putting off this post long enough. I'm not going to lie, I'm NOT happy right now. Just two weeks ago I weighed in at 132 lbs and even before that I saw 131 lbs - which need I remind you that was 1 lb away from my goal weight of 130 lbs. Last week I left for Dallas, TX weighing 132 and I came back weighing 133. After seeing that I worked my tail off trying to get that one pound back off and then I weighed in Friday morning weighing 134 lbs. Yes, that's right... somehow I managed to gain another pound. I'm honestly sick to my stomach about it. I'm sure making the dessert below didn't help, but I don't think that only 2 slices of a 13 X 9 pan would make me gain 2 lbs.



Here is my workout for the week:


Monday: Flew back into town, but played a Volleyball game at our church.


Tuesday: Making the Cut book workout + ran 1.5 miles


Wednesday: Making the Cut book workout + ran 1 mile


Thursday: Ran 2.7 miles


Friday: Making the Cut book workout + an afternoon run of 2 miles


Also, the week before I left town I worked out 4 days in a row. Then I was in Dallas for 3 days and I worked out 1 time, but I'm sad to say that was it. But still I didn't give my body much time off, so my conclusion (my hopefulness) is saying that maybe I'm gaining muscle. In two weeks I've given my body 2 -3 days off and that's it. Jillian Michael's stresses in her book to give your body the "proper" time to recover after breaking down the muscle - enough time to give the muscle time to rebuild. I'm not sure I've been doing that the last 2 weeks.



This is what I'm hoping anyway, but my mind is playing dirty tricks on me and I'm stressing out about it. So, I took my measurements again (I haven't taken them in a few months). I am happy to say that I've actually lost a 1/2 an inch in some places and stayed exactly the same in others. I was really happy about this, but I'm still a little disappointed. The scale is a very mean thing!

1 comment:

Sara Carolina said...

I don't know if you've read anything about body fat too - but you could be losing body fat. I started seriously working out in October of 2008 and have not actually lost any pounds. I in fact gained some...but have lost almost 6% in body fat and did go down a size in pants. So.. there's something huge to be said about that 1/2 in. you lost in places even if the scale isn't saying the # you want it to. And, I don't know how you area during your cycles...but women's bodies retain water weight and can gain up to 5lbs just during your period! Thanks for the encouraging blog!