Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gettin' Fine in '09: Week 1



Hello ladies. So far there are 5 people who are doing this challenge with us. Spread the word, so that others may want to join in with us! I've created a button (or badge) on the left sidebar if you want to snag it.

Well, let me start by telling you a little about myself - even though it's all over this blog :)
I am 29 years old (as of today actually). I'm a mother of two. My son is 3 years old, and my daughter is 17 months old. I have a Bachelors in Nursing and a Masters in Elementary Education, but I have chosen to stay at home with my kids - kind of! I actually work part time from my home while my kiddos are napping.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. I tried not to "worry" to much about it when I was pregnant, but it wasn't until I saw myself in a photo last summer while on a family vacation that I knew I had to get my body back. I was told by Doctors to not have anymore children, so I knew that it was time to conquer myself back!

In June I started doing Jillian Michaels Making the Cut. It says that it's a "30-Day" fitness plan, but I actually did it for 8 months straight! Yep, I liked it that much. I did it all from my home, up until January when I started going to the Y. I have lost 23 lbs. (The last 2 lbs are being stubborn little boogers!) I started at 155 lbs and I'm currently 132 lbs. * My measurements are a few posts back if you care to take a look!

I'm not competing against you in the Challenge, I'm merely here to coach you in having a healthier and more fit life style - all while having fun blogging about it! I'm actually a VERY competitive person. There is only one other worse than me and I'm married to him!

My three temptations: Hum... How in the world can I only pick three??? I'm going to have to say Flavored Coffee creamer - I can't drink it without it, CHOCOLATE (honestly semi-sweet chocolate chips are my favorite), and Cookie dough (or brownie batter)! As you can tell I'm big on the sweets!

Here was my workout for the week:

Monday: 1 hour Zumba Interval Class at the Y
Tuesday: Weight lifted on my arms (for the arm exercise post), ran around the neighborhood twice pushing my kids in a stroller.
Wednesday: 1 hour Spin Class, evening yoga
Thursday: 1 hour Spin Class
Friday: Bob Harper Weight Loss yoga video


I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a healthier weekend than last weekend... but it's going to be hard with my birthday and Valentine's Day. I have a husband who plans a great birthday bash, which usually involves good food!

So how did you all do??? Leave me a comment, and then check out the other ladies on the Gettin' Fine in '09 Roll Call. (Left Sidebar).


If you all are having a hard time getting motivated go check out Sandy at God Speak's Today. Actually, I recommend taking at look at her Fitness Friday every week (Her button's in my sidebar). She's an amazing writer who I was introduced to recently. I love how spiritual, inspiring, informative, and honest she is. Every time I read her post, I'm saying, "Yes, Yes, exactly". It's as if she takes the words right out of my mouth... of course she words them a whole lot better. I'm obviously not doing her enough justice, so go take a look for yourself!

I look forward to hearing from all of you!


5 comments:

JnL4God said...

Hi Sarah
I have my 1st post up with all my stats. I weigh in on Sudays at WW and this week I don't seem to have lost any since then so I posted that weight. I will use my Friday weight though. Happy Birthday was it yesterday or today? Have a great Weekend and Valentines day.
Lynn

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Awwwww...thanks sweetie.

Love,
Sandy

Joelle said...

girl! happy birthday one day late! i am SO mia right now. i work all day everyday, weekend and night right now. miss chatting! will try to email/comment to get caught up soon. love the 09 challenge! i need to get in gear

Leslie said...

Sounds like you are working out hard! I bet you will lose those last few pounds with the spinning classes!!! I am in my 3rd week of The Wave, 2nd week with weights. My weight hasn't budged one pound, so I am going to add one of my old workouts one day a week. Hopefully I will have some loss next week!

Kaitlin said...

Sent you an email with questions about the challenge, so just a heads up! Thanks
Kaitlin