Friday, February 20, 2009

Gettin' Fine in '09 Week 2



This week I was coming off of my birthday and Valentines Day weekend, which I splurged on quite a bit I must say! So this week, my goal was to burn off all the chocolate cake I ate!


Here was my workout for the week. * I started wearing my new trainer watch on Wednesday, which tells me how many calories I burn (you have to program it so that it knows your weight and heart rate ranges).


Sunday: Bob Harper's Weight Loss Yoga (35 minutes)

Monday: Zumba Interval Class (1 hr)

Tuesday: Ran 2.5 Miles

Wednesday: Spin Class (1 hr - Burned 1200 Calories)

Thursday: Spin Class (1 hr - Burned 1150 Calories)

Friday: I'm getting ready to run 2 miles. I'll post the calories burned once I'm done.



Everything seemed to go downhill after Monday though. In Zumba class we did one whole song on biceps. I felt great while doing them, sure it was hard, but the whole time I kept my form. It wasn't until the next day that I noticed that I couldn't straighten my arm all the way, and on top of all that my left foot was hurting me pretty bad. I went to a friend, who's actually a chiropractor, and he told me that I may possibly be developing a stress fracture in my foot and that I might I strained a tendon in my right arm. Why, oh why, does it all happen at once??? He told me to rest the foot for a few days to see what would happen, but that I could do spinning classes because they are "low impact". I guess the real test is when I run here in a minute!


I LOVE the personal trainer watch my hubbie got me, but I couldn't help but think... "If I'm burning that many calories in a 1 hour class - three times a week, then why in the world am I NOT losing these last two pounds!!!" You have to burn 3200 calories to lose one pound - so what in the world am I doing wrong! Here goes the mental games that my mind plays on me. My mind is my worst enemy. But speaking of getting the mental side in check. Go see Sandy's post at God Speaks Today. It's her Fitness Friday post and she ALWAYS has great information.


Enough of my belly-achin'... So, how did all you ladies do??? Be sure and update your blogs letting us know & leave me a comment telling me you did so. Sometimes the Blog Roll takes a while to update. Hope you all have great weekends!



5 comments:

LisaShaw said...

You are on the ball.

JnL4God said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am a little late, but here in Oregon it is still Friday. :) I have my post up on my blog and as of today I am down 3.8 from last week but only 1.8 from my week before. You'll see. Anyway still going.
Have a great week.
Lynn

Leslie said...

Hope your injuries are doing better, I'm having some issues as well! I lost 2 pounds this week!!!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Oh, I hope it's not a stress fracture. Those last two pounds...I'm rooting for you, girl.

I'm embarking on a 30-day exercise every single day challenge. Not vigorous, but more to help the girls at Fitness Friday Fanatics form a new habit.

I'm hoping I'll get below 130 while doing this too.

I'm wondering if you need to shake up your metabolism a little bit?? Do you do interval training when you work out? Have you increased your weights lately? I'm just thinking out loud. I want you to reach your goal!!!!!!

Love ya,
Sandy

p.s. Thanks for linking to me. That was sweet.

Kaitlin said...

Happy Birthday ( a bit late) mine was actually yesterday. Anyways, I am done 1 pound this week, better than nothing I suppose!