Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who Wants to Get Fine in '09 ???


Hey ladies. First of all I just want to say thank for your joining me on this journey. I have been on this journey since June, and now I'm making it my lifestyle. It can be done... I'm not saying that it's always easy, but that's where you all come in. Throughout this whole process I thrive on accountability and encouragement, whether it's from a friend, my husband, or even seeing old pictures of myself.

I really got into the accountability thing when I joined Missy at It's Almost Naptime for Gettin' Hot for the Holidays. I loved seeing everyone's progress or even hearing about their struggles because it helped to understand that I'm not alone in this. I wish I could write or be as funny as little Miss Missy, but I can't, so I will try my best to pick up where she left off on helping all of us get fit and healthy! Let's just start by announcing the winner of Gettin' Hot for the Holiday... Drum roll please....

With a loss of 12 lbs (which is amazing by the way), Jenn at Life In Return is a winner of a gift card. Since our Finale, which was the First week in January, Jenn has lost a grand total of 19 lbs. She is doing an amazing job. But I can't forget the one that was right on her heels! Leslie at Under Construction also did awesome! She lost a total of 11 lbs - like I said it was close! Great job ladies!

So here's the deal. I am almost to my goal weight of 130 lbs. I've been trying to get my last 2 lbs off for the last two months now. I would love to get them off, but I don't just want to see myself succeed, I want to see you all succeed too! I love the health and fitness world. I would like to say that I know a lot about it, but there is just way too much out there and of course it's always changing. I would like to help coach you, answer your questions, and get healthy right along with you. If I can't answer a question right away, I will do my best to research it and answer as best as I can.

If you would like to join me in this 12 week challenge, which I've dubbed Gettin' Fine in '09 leave a comment and let me know. Leave your blog address so that I can begin a blog roll on the sidebar so that anyone who comes to look can see what you've updated - that is unless you would rather me use Mr. Linky like Missy did. Let me know what you all prefer.

This is just the "joining" week. Here is what I want you to do for next Friday (Week 1):

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
2. Post your weight loss goals.
3. Take measurements and pictures.
4. List your top 3 temptations.

*If you're not comfortable with posting your measurements and pictures I still recommend taking them just for yourself! You would be amazed at the satisfaction you get from looking at the old you... ironic, I know!

I will post throughout the week, but our official "Weigh In's" will be every Friday. Feel free to drop in anytime. I look forward to getting to know all of you! The winner will take home a $10.00 gift card! I know it's not much, but hey it's an incentive!

7 comments:

JnL4God said...

Okay I'll be the first to comment. :) I am going to loose 60 pounds, I started in Mid October and have lost 11 so far. I am currently on Weight Watchers and am doing some work out tapes and this week walking with my Hubby. I have 3 Blogs 2 that will link from this and my e-mail is on my profile. Nice getting to know you.
Lynn

Leslie said...

Sarah,
I'm so glad you are doing this. I will post pics & measurements later. Since starting Hot for the Holidays I have lost a total of 14 pounds! I have 18 pounds to go to reach my goal!!! I have just started a new workout routine, The Firm Wave, so I am excited to see what results I will get from it. Looking forward to gettin' fine in '09 with you!

MamaHenClucks said...

Look at you - taking over Fit Friday! Good for you! I love your new look, too! I haven't been over in awhile, so I'm off to see what else you've been up to!

Jenn said...

Oh yay I won the giftcard! OH HOW COOL! Yay!!! :)

Thanks for taking over Fit Friday. Even though I'm not new to this, I will still intro myself.

I am Jenn, 28. I live in Philly, PA, but born and raised in Dallas, TX. I moved to Philly in July of 07. I love Jesus and all the things that rightly point to Him.

My weightloss goal is 135 - 140 or somewhere around there. I overall just want to be healthy and fit and active. I look forward to the summertime when I can go to the park and jog OR ride my bike along the bike trails.

I don't have any pics! And I need to find a measuring tape too!

Top 3 temptations? Hmm...

Chocolate (lol, this is a common one, I'm sure)
Pepsi (argh!)
Sauteed mushrooms (this is a GOOD one lol)

Grace and peace :)

Leslie said...

I don't have a preference, whatever you want to use is fine with me! I am LOVING the Wave. It is really fast paced, so I am still trying to learn everything. This is my second full week and I can't wait to do it more. I was doing the Firm with the sculpting stick/fanny lifter, but I think I like this better because it is only 30-40 minutes rather than 60 minutes, which is easier for me since I have two small kids! Hope more people join us, the more the merrier, right?

Membership Required said...

I am coming on over from Missy's site to play along on fridays. ML
see you friday.

Emily said...

Hey everyone!
I found Sarah's post on www.blogtolose.com where I'm a member. I'm excited to start this challenge with all of you!

I'm a 24 yr old college student. 147 lbs. I'm hoping to (eventually) get down to 135! Short term goal is under 200 by August 1st.

Wish me luck! Measurements and pictures are on my site at BTL : www.blogtolose.com/EmilyRose

I'll be posting them tonight! Oh, and my three biggest temptations are pizza - pasta - and the couch. lol