Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fast Food Ratings & Healthier Options

I was reading an article when I saw a link on Yahoo about "America's Healthiest Restaurants". It talks about the best fast food places to eat that actually provide "healthier" options - not just for adults, but for children too.

I have friends say to me, "How can you stand cooking all the time?" "I hate cooking so we eat fast food a lot." I have to remind them that just because they eat fast food doesn't mean that they can't still eat "healthy". It's all about making the right choices.

Now I'm not saying that you can't have something "Bad" every now and then. I actually have a "free" day every Saturday where I eat the things that I've craved all week, and yes, sometimes that's McDonald's. I feel that it shocks my body to eat something like that, and it also helps me to stay on track for the rest of the week. Ironically though, once I've eaten it, I always say to myself "why again did I crave that!"

Believe it or not there are healthier options at Fast Food joints. Take a look at the article. It lists places like Chick Fil-A, Subway, McDonald's, Jamba Juice, Cici's Pizza, etc.

Here's the link to the article.
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/25787/americas-healthiest-restaurants/


No comments: