Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gettin' Fine In '09 Week 6


I hope you all had great weeks. I am on the second week in a row of having family in town. Don't get me wrong - I love family time and wouldn't trade it for the world, but it means... Hamburgers, homemade pizzas, BBQ, cakes, cookies, brownies - and on, and on. So, needless to day the 131 that I saw last week is now 132. I can't catch a break!

Now, even though I just listed all that food - it doesn't mean that I'm eating it all. My family knows I'm trying to eat healthy, so instead of a burger I had a chicken breast, and I shared my slice of cake or brownie with my two kiddos. But still, it all adds up and begins to catch up with you.

The positive thing is that I haven't missed a single workout. I've actually worked out harder and longer because of the way I've been eating. I hoping this one pound gain is just temporary. When family leaves... they can take it with them!

Don't forget to leave me a comment and let me know how you all did this week!


4 comments:

Dani Joy said...

You can do it! I totally understand about the family being in town. It would scare me at this point if I had to cook for everyone and go out to eat a lot.
I posted today for Fitness Friday and for Gettin fine in ´09!! I love the theme and am so excited about it. YOu have been a totally boost for me in this area. Today I am writing down all my calories. I just got done measuring out Almonds and figuring out the calorie intake. jeje. Math 101!!
I love the heart rate post and I will have to read it more carefully to fully understand it.
How many calories should I eat to gain weight if I am burning about 500 calories in exersize and probalby more in every day stuff?

Dani Joy said...

OH I forgot to let you know how I did this week. after the weekend I put on three pounds so the scales said but as of today I am back to what I was before last weekend.
150 even. Want to get past the 150 mark this month so badly.

Today I calculated my calorie intake for the first time, I ate about 1,300 calories and gonna burn about 500 (Lord willing) I haven´t gotten on the bike yet but I am heading there right now. ;)

Dani Joy said...

Ok so I am a one woman show!! I keep coming back here to chat with you. Hope you don´t mind. I really do have a life but I am really trying to figure out how to lose more weight.
I just found this web page tonight. I was doing some homework. ..

I did a calculation to find out how many calories I should eat to lose weight. Here´s what it said.

"Calories Needed for Goal Weight

You should consume about 1693 calories a day to reach your goal weight of 125 lbs by December 31, 2009.

Remember that this estimate is based on your body weight, height, age, gender, and activity level. It may vary slightly depending on other factors.

Generally, women should not consume any less than 1,200 calories per day, and men should not consume less than 1,500 calories per day."

What do you think?

btw the web page is :
http://caloriecount.about.com/
you prob. already have it but anyway.. it really helped today.

Have a great day! I promise I won´t write anymore tonight. LOl

Leslie said...

This past week I only worked out one time. My husband's granny passed away, so we had a busy week with visitations and the funeral and alot of family in town. This week I am not feeling so well, so I haven't worked out. Hopefully I will feel better and get back with the program! My daughter's first birthday is tomorrow, and we are having a party for her on Saturday so I am sure I will have some cake! Good luck to everyone this week!