Friday, May 29, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Recipe




It's Fitness Friday ya'll. I hope you are all having great weeks. I didn't do any research this week, so when I saw that Sandy over at God Speaks Today was sharing recipes I thought it would be great to share one of mine.


I, like Sandy, do not do a lot of beef. I haven't made hamburgers since last summer. It's not that I'm a vegetarian, I just don't like the taste of beef unless the taste is hidden in something like Taco seasoning! I have been this way since I was a little girl, and I'm the same exact way with a steak. I HATE steak. I feel like I chew and chew and chew all of the mere taste of leather! My husband LOVES steak, but you won't catch me cooking it - I don't even know how. So, needless to say, we eat of ton of chicken in this house. Here is one of my favorite recipes and I can't stress how EASY this recipe is.



Crockpot
Chicken



4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (I thaw mine, but you don't have to)


1 Jar of Salsa (15.5 oz)


1/2 Packet of Taco Seasoning


1/2 Cup of Water or Beer (I use water)



Throw it all in your crockpot and let it cook for 4-6 hours. When it's done the chicken will shred. I shred all the chicken and pour some of the liquid over the top of it. Put that on a tortilla and top it with Cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato or whatever suits your taste.



Hope you all enjoy!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey Sarah, this one looks very easy and yet tasty. I recently started using my crockpot after many years of nonuse. It's great to have the aroma of a delicious meal coming from my kitchen. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I'm so glad so many people posted recipes today!!! I LOVE the sound of this one. You totally threw me with all the salsa, taco seasoning stuff. I wasn't expecting that. And I love the way it's served. I need to remember to come back to this one.

Love,
Sandy

LisaShaw said...

I love this! I will have to try it! I love ANYTHING Chicken!

LisaShaw said...

Miss ya! Thought I'd stop over today. I pray all is well with you and your family.

Ashok Ramesh said...

Techniques for keeping a strong mind-body connection can be so rewarding after a very hard physical workout, but I've always wondered how a medically supervised, calorie-restricted eating plan is ever effective. Yeah, it'll get you immediate weight loss results, but in the long run, you're just going to put the weight and more back on. How is this healthy? I can't ever see a calorie-restricted diet, supervised or not, ever being a healthy or successful option. It's basic science. Anybody have any thoughts? Up to me acai berry reviews are the best way to loss weight.