Friday, June 12, 2009

Pass The Fruit and Veggies Please!


Fitness Friday Meets Jillian Michaels!







I have been reading Jillian Michaels' Master Your Metabolism over the past couple of weeks. If you know me and my blog I am a huge fan of hers (minus her foul mouth sometimes). Lets just say she knows her stuff! She was once overweight as a teenager (I believe she was in the 170's and she's only like 5'2").





When I started reading some of the things in the this book I could've sworn it was me she was talking about. She goes into detail about how she's tried every diet known to man kind and has tried every workout regime there is on the market. This is SO me. She then also discusses how she has struggled with a low thyroid - this is SO me too. Especially lately. The Dr has increased my medication again and this past week I have felt an improvement. (Thank you all for your prayers!)





The thing that I wasn't doing was going organic like she talks about. I do all natural products but I have never done organics. Sandy, at God Speaks today, has previously written a great post on this - Click HERE to go take a look. I started doing "Some" organic because it's SO expensive. I will slowly get to ALL organic (Maybe when my daughter is our of diapers - in about a month!)





I went ahead and started doing some of the things that she talks about in her book even though I haven't finished reading it yet. I've always eaten pretty good, but I knew that I wasn't getting enough fruits and veggies. No Hydrogenated oil, or High Fructose Corn Syrup. I stopped eating carbs with dinner. I don't eat or drink decaf coffee after 9:00 pm. I'm trying to limit my caffeine to only 2 cups of coffee a day. And I haven't had a diet soda since Sunday!





My weaknesses are artificial sweetener & flavored creamer in my coffee, and diet soda. I was limited my diet soda to 3-4 times a week, so now I'm trying to cut that down to 1-2 a week, and then eventually ZERO. I have one 12 pack left and then I won't be buying anymore! As for the artificial sweetener - I'm still using it for now, but I will be looking for more of a natural product.





Just by me eating a TON of veggies and doing the above things I lost 2 lbs this week which brings me to 130 lbs - which I have not seen yet! This is actually my goal weight and I made it the week before we go on vacation!




My new philosophy is to eat food like God created them. Just check out the list below:






A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil,iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye... And YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.





A Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and is red. All of the research shows tomatoes are loaded with leucopenia and are indeed pure heart and blood food.


Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart.. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.








Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.







A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three (3) dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.




Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.



Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this? It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).




Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to overcome male sterility.



Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.




Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries.








Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts.









Onions look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the body.





4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Sarah, I'm definitely on the same page as you. In fact, my fitness Friday post includes a recommendation about eating more fruits and veggies too.

I've shied away from all organic because of the cost. But I do eat more fruits and vegetables. I quit drinking all sodas, including diet. And my coffee intake is down to 3 small cups per day.

It's always good to have others on this health quest too. Keep it up Sarah!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I'm wondering if Jillian is going to start giving us a kick back for all the free advertising???

And can I just say:

CONGRATS ON THE 130!!!!!!!! I knew that was your goal and I'm so happy you reached it before your vacation.

After my California trip next week, I plan on getting back to eating like Master Your Metabolism suggests. I do eat mostly organic. So I think the trick for me will be to eat all my carbs earlier in the day. I have such a Body for Life mindset (six meals, equal size, carb and protein) that I have to rework my dinner and snack plan.

I've read stuff about chemicals' effect on hormones before, but I think Jillian really nails it. I'm so glad she's bringing this message to the mainstream.

Dani Joy said...

Wow! Great stuff, Sarah! I am so happy for you. Way to go! I am sure cutting out the diet sodas was tough, but you can do it. For me it´s a specialty thing. I am really going to limit it more too, though.
I wish I could have posted for Fitness Friday but the break was good and now I am back full force. well, full summer force. LOL
oh also on the fruits and veggies. I notice when I have a salad for supper I increase my weight loss each time. It´s been proven. ;) Or if I just have a grapefruit and some nuts. I just have to do it more often now. ;)
I was so happy to see you stop by even though I didn´t post on Friday. Thanks so much! You´re a great Bloggy friend!

LisaShaw said...

I don't necessarily eat organic but loads of fresh fruits and veggies. Thanks so much for this Sarah. You are so informative and encouraging.

Love you.