Friday, June 5, 2009

What Bad Food Cost Us In Exercise...

This week my husband read this article and forwarded it to me. I found it very interesting. Here are what these food cost us in exercise:


DONUT
Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Frosted Donut (230 calories)
59 minutes of walking (3 mph).




BREAKFAST SANDWICH
McDonald's Egg McMuffin (300 calories)
32 minutes of running (5 mph).




CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
Panera Chocolate Chipper (440 calories)
62 minutes of biking (10-11.9 mph).

PIZZA
Pizza Hut Large Hand-Tossed Style Cheese Pizza (1 slice; 320 calories)
39 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).


CINNAMON ROLL

Starbucks Cinnamon Roll (500 calories, varies by location)
85 minutes of dancing.


HAMBURGER

Burger King Original Whopper With Cheese (770 calories)

94 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).

BROWNIE


Au Bon Pain Chocolate Chip Brownie (380 calories).


129 minutes of yoga (Hatha style).


FRIES


Wendy's Large French Fries (540 calories)


77 minutes of biking (10-11.9 mph).

ICE CREAM


Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream (0.5 cup; 270 calories)


29 minutes of running (5 mph).



BURRITO


Taco Bell Burrito Supreme, Beef (410 calories)


70 minutes of dancing.




* Not that you can't splurge on things, but remember, everything in moderation!


Here is the link to the article: http://food.yahoo.com/blog/yahoofreshpicks/9960/what-chain-food-favorites-cost-in-exercise/


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Isn't that something Sarah? Every Friday night my hubby and I get pizza. We could blow our whole healthy eating in one meal!!!! Glad to see your Fitness Friday post.

LisaShaw said...

WOW!It's always good to see it in black and white. The only thing on here that I eat and that's rarely is pizza. It's good to know what we're getting into. I'll have to put that article on my blog next week.

I'm getting off line for the weekend and wanted to tell you that I love you and I said a prayer for you.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Well...that explains a lot. Namely why my shorts are all too tight after one week of vacation, despite the 1-hour walks each morning. Not enough to counteract the nightly ice cream runs...and the pizza, pasta, glass of wine, sunchips, etc, etc, etc...

You didn't link up today! I miss you on Fitness Friday! snif!

Dani Joy said...

I am just getting to read this! boy is it great! A great reminder! Need this to keep me working and making right choices.

I may do a double post to it. this coming Friday would that be ok?

moses said...

French fries with chicken is what I take for lunch thrice in a week. I was told not to eat it too much if I want to stay healthy but, I love the combination.. but will try to stay away a litle..

Thanks for the post...

LisaShaw said...

Hey Sarah, just wanted you to know that Moses is a nice young man who somehow found my Sharing Life with Lisa blog. I posted your article linked to you this morning and so folks may come over from mine like Moses did.

Love ya!

hookahbowl.com said...

thanks to your article i am now craving pizza; thank goodness my favorite place near where I live delivers