Friday, July 3, 2009

Motivation

Staying motivated is something that is very hard to do. There are so many things that can throw you off course. Whether it be getting sick, taking a vacation, finding something better to do, or just being plain unmotivated there are still benefits of sticking to the plan and seeing it through.

A wise guy once told me that if I can do something for 2 days I can do it for a week. If I can do it for a week then I can do it for 2 weeks. If I can do it for 2 weeks then I can do it for a month. And if I can do it for a month I can do it FOREVER! This wise guy is my very own husband.

This past week marked the 1 year anniversary of my weight loss journey. It was exciting for me to take some pictures so that I can see the before and after results, because trust me, there are still days where I just feel “blah” and don’t see the results until I look back at my old self.

I’m centering this post of staying motivated. If it wasn’t for my motivation and determination I don’t think I would have had the success that I had. I’m not saying that I didn’t go through some rough patches because I did. Especially from November until March where I didn’t lose a single pound! But did I quit…. NO WAY! Never give up – NEVER. Throwing in the towel is way easier than pushing through the hard times, but what benefits do you get from that?

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

And just because I reached my goal weight of 130 lbs doesn’t mean that I’m stopping. This is a life style for me now. It’s just that I’m in maintenance mode instead of weight loss mode. Sure I would love to tone some areas up (aren’t there always areas that need toning?) I just want to enjoy the benefits of all my hard work!
Here are some before pictures from last year...





And here are pictures from this year...








9 comments:

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

SARAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so very, very proud of you. I'm so glad you posted before and after pics. They are fabulous. I just don't know what else to say. You look healthy, buff, tone, curvy (in a good way). I love it.

I'm adding your link!
Sandy

Debbie said...

You look so good!!!! Congratulations; those are great before and after photos. I'm in your cheering gallery to keep you motivated to healthy living. You rock!

Karen said...

WOW, Sarah - you look great!! I'm rejoicing with you that you reached your weight goal!!

You are an encouragement to me to stay motivated!
Karen

Dani Joy said...

Way to Go and keep going!!! I needed this post! I need to keep motivated. feeling blah this week!
Praise the Lord for your goal reached! You look great!

Heleen said...

This is such an awesome post and pics Sarah! Your progress really motivates me!

LisaShaw said...

You look absolutely beautiful before and after. Congratulations on your anniversary weight loss date and achieving your goals.

While I had so much more weight to lose then you ever did I can certainly relate to feeling blah (or worse for me) and then my precious hubby shows me my before photo album and it puts things into perspective. While I have a lot more to lose I'm not defeated and I have lost so much from where I first began.

How did you lose and tone your arms so well? I think that's the absolute hardest thing for me.

You are such an inspiration Sarah and you posted one of my favorite passages of Scripture. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Blessings!

lisasmith said...

Sarah,

So nice to meet you. You do look great. Beautiful inside and out!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Did you see your post up at my place??? :):):)

Love you!
Sandy

cwalker3 said...

The key to motivation is allowing the bad days or day to end and moving on. There are always going to be days where you don't feel like doing what you know you should but as long as it rare instead of a habit your goal will be reached. The pictures look great!!.