Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh Where Oh Where Can She Be....

Well, after my last post the excitement soon faded. Let me explain....
We were supposed to close this past Monday, but last Friday the land survey that was done on our yard showed that our fence and half of the play area that we created for my kids last summer was actually our neighbors yard. We have lived next to this couple for 6 years now and they didn't even know it was their yard for goodness sakes! So, we either had to have them sign over the land to us upon giving them money, or have someone come fix the mistake by clearing everything out. Well, our neighbors thought their piece of land was more than what we offered them (which was the bid to actually fix the property to begin with), so we just fixed it. Now, we are closing at 4:00 today, and I'm SO ready to put all of this behind me!
I have been stressed out of my mind. It's hard trying to keep things normal for my kids when we're living with our in-laws until our house is built. Last week I worked out like normal... and then Friday hit and I began to have some stomach issues due to stress. We worked non-stop last weekend. By Monday I had lost 3 lbs. I went to Zumba class on Monday and then worked on the house. By Wednesday of this week I was flat out exhausted from being on my feet going up and down 2 flights of stairs for 14 hours straight that I cried my eyes out!
I will stop ranting and raving now...
Pray that everything goes smoothly with the closing at 4:00 today. It will be "some" stress lifted off my shoulders right now.
As for the future...
I miss all my bloggy friends so, so much. I didn't realize just how much I look forward to reading and hearing from you all until not blogging for 2 -3 weeks. My plan is to start back up on Fitness Fridays AND I want to start doing p90x! I found it hilarious that Sandy and God Speak's Today posted about this today. We are always on the same page when it comes to working out! But I'm with her... I'm a bit scared of it!
Drop me a comment... I'm dying to hearing from all of you!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Sarah, nothing ever seems to go smoothly it seems. But I'm glad that the house will be sold and how exciting to be building a new one.

I can definitely identify with busyness and stress interfering with our exercise routines. Mine has suffered a bit lately because of those very reasons. But tomorrow is another day and a new beginning, right?

Shay said...

Hi Sarah, I've spent the last hour and a half reading on your Blog. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a "stalker"!? I found you, originally, through Sandy's Fitness Friday Fanatics site....months ago. I've been "off the grid" in the Blog & Weight Loss world for quite a while now. But, have been very inspired by your words & results / photos. The neat thing, for me, is to see that we are exactly the same height and I carry my excess 50+ pounds in the same areas that you carried your "almost" 30 pounds. I have a LONG way to go & it's been VERY overwhelming to stick with a plan....knowing how long it will take to remove this weight.

However, I now know that I can refer to your site for encouragement, to "override" my discouragement. :-)

I am 37 years old, and have 3 small children (almost 7, 4, and 1 year old). I am ALWAYS staring at "something" or "someone" begging for my immediate attention (i.e. - piles of dishes that just reappear as fast as I make the previous ones disappear, piles of laundry - dirty OR clean - folded BUT NOT put away, munchkins in

Shay said...

(cont'd.)
need of a snack, drink, meal, shoe tied, spill wiped up, toy fixed, etc. etc. etc.)

I am EXHAUSTED before I even get out of bed...but, more exhausted when I get into bed...knowing that ANOTHER day has gone by & I have "mindlessly" eaten and not exercised.....YET!! very much preoccupied my mind ALL day w/ the thoughts of discouragement / disgust about my body & weight!!

Anyway...I have known for a LONG time, what I "need" to do, and have started & stopped more times than I can count :-(

I believe I'm finally ready for all of that to CHANGE....for the BETTER (BEST)! I will be checking your blog often, from now on...for hope, motivation, encouragement...and will keep you posted on my results :-)

BTW...my starting weight is the same as your top pregnancy weight!! YIKES...that's just too much for me to even comprehend...and I've already delivered my babies!!!

Thank you for taking so much time to blog about your journey!

You look amazing...and I'm also envious of your voice! What a gift from God. "Hosanna" has been playing on my ipod for weeks & I loved hearing you sing it tonight!

~ Shay

Dani Joy said...

Oh girl, I am so sorry it´s been hard. I will pray for you right now! I can only imagine what you must be going through. When we get ready to go on furlough I shut down the house as if we are moving almost. I cry every time, from stress and the unknown. Praise the Lord it´s when He speaks to me. Right after I have cried all I can cry. It´s His still small voice that comes as a cool refreshing breeze. Big hug my friend. I miss you too. Hope all will calm down soon.
BTW.. I lost more wieght too. I am now weighing 138! that´s atotal of 25 lbs lost!
I want to buy the Jillian Michael´s shred to up my work outs. I roller bladed for 40 min yesterday and seem to find somethign to do every day if not I fall back on my bike and my weights. :)
Keep on keeping on!!!

Sarah said...

Shay ~
It's very good to "meet" you. Thank you for you kind words. I'm hoping to post more often once my stress and crazyness slows down a bit.

Getting started is the hardest part. Knowing that you need to do it is the biggest first step and I'm proud of you for making it. I'm hear if you need any help, support, or even a shoulder to cry on!

LisaShaw said...

Precious I'm so sorry for all that you've been through but by now you've hopefully closed on the house and have moved beyond all of this.

Praying that all is well with you. Looking forward to reading your next post.

Blessings...