Friday, August 7, 2009

My first week of P90X

Today’s post is about my first week doing P90X. These workouts are LONG and HARD. I probably feel like their long because I’m not used to working out for over an hour with my 2 small children running around. This being said, I skip over the water breaks (I do drink the water) but I don’t take the full 1 minute breaks because I get enough interruptions just with my kids alone!

I’m doing the classic workout, so my first day was chest, back and ab ripper. Lets just say that my chest and abs hadn’t hurt like this in a long time. My abs were sore for 2 full days afterwards! The second day was plyometrics. Once I began I realized I had already been doing a lot of the same stuff with Jillian Michaels’ Making the Cut. For example: Jumping lunges, jumping squats, sumo squats, etc. Day 3 was shoulders, arms, and ab ripper. I felt that this was the easiest day (so far anyway). The ab work was still a killer! Then Day 4 came… Yoga day. It’s 90 minutes of yoga, I don’t know about you, but 90 minutes of yoga is A LOT when you have two kids doing circles around you. I did 40 minutes of it and took my kids to the park. I think the next day I do yoga I will be doing it in the evening after my kids are already in bed! Today will be legs, back, and ab ripper, and tomorrow will be Kenpo (which is like Kick Boxing). I’ll let you know how these two go.

I’m still trying to get into a normal routine. These next few days I will be covering for another nurse at the new company I work for. So, besides moving, unpacking, signing my son up for preschool, building a new house, and trying to keep my kids in a normal routine – I have also spent the last week training from home for my new job. Once all this calms down a bit I want to start posting a mid-week post and a Friday post. It’s in the works! Who know, I might even do more!


By the way... I weighed in this morning at 127 lbs.


3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm impressed Sarah! And btw, I forgot that you're a nurse too. More things in common girl. Kudos to you for being persistent in your exercise with all that's going on in your life. You're a great motivator.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Hey Girl...I didn't know you were going to post today. I should have linked to you. Way to go on P90X. I still don't have mine from my neighbor. I may buy it. 90 minutes of yoga!!!! What the heck?? ha ha.

Miss you!
Sandy

Dani Joy said...

Wow!! this is so great!! I am sorry I missed your post. I really came looking for you today! I have missed you so much! I have been thinking about you a lot since I have started Making the Cut and the 30 day shred. I am on day 8! I am not doing the whole workout in the book as I don´t have a gym but I am doing the 30 day shred instead. Do you think this is good enough for Making the cut? I haven´t lost any weight yet but sure do feel those muscles toning and can see it already.

How great about your weight!! I am so excited for you. I have an other friend who told me about the P90x. Wow! It must be so tough. You go!!

I sure hope you will still consider me a friend. I sure do miss you!