Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beauty Is Not How Skinny You Are!

I know last week I said that I was going to post on recovering between workouts, but I'm saving that one for another time.

I have always had the battle of not liking me for me. I have recently had a dear friend tell me to try to see myself as God sees me. As I read her words, I struggled... and then cried. How, I kept wondering... How???

Then I kept thinking, why can't I just love myself for who I am and the way God made. Why can't I ever be satisfied with what I've already accomplished instead of reaching for what seems to be the "unreachable!"

Let me just say that I love being fit and healthy and I will continue on this journey for the rest of my life. But I have to change the way I view myself and thanks to my friend I am trying to get to that place. I can honestly say that I have never in my life "loved" myself, or felt "unique" in any way. Now, that it exactly what I'm trying to do. For me, this is 75% of my battle!



4 comments:

Sara said...

oh, sarah, that was awesome! thanks for sharing... what a good lesson--that really hit me square in the face--esp. because paige will be 4 on her next bday--and that little girl totally made me think of her!! and i'm sure you were thinking of your own.... brings it all to light when we look at things even from our kid's perspective--which often is much closer to Jesus' perspective, innocent and pure.... we are unique, each one of us... and that's certainly not an excuse to trash our bodies, but it is a confidence we should have knowing that God made us this way for a reason... and sometimes, in our attempts to make our physical bodies "healthy" our spiritual and emotional well-being goes to the wayside... it's a hard balance, keeping things in perspective... i'm so thankful God has given me you and others to help me along the way... thanks, friend. you are beautiful because that's how God created you!! i love you.

LisaShaw said...

Great, great, great message Sarah! Your title really said it all but your words of transparency and truth just sealed it.

I love you. I'm praying for you.

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Sarah,

That video was priceless. I absolutely love it. The thing that hit me the most is when she said, "In the history of the world there will never be another you."

I don't want to look like someone else. It's so ridiculous when you really think about it. I mean really, really think about it.

It's about being healthy. And being the best ME I can be.

I'm standing with you on this one. It's awesome.

I'm adding your link to my post.

Love,
Sandy

Dani Joy said...

I have to admit I look at skinny girls and their skinny legs and think maybe I can get there. But thats not the point is it? that´s not why we are doing this is it?
I am so happy with the results but I do sometimes want more. It´s impossible to have a skinny body for me. It´s not my composition. I am going to decide to be happy with who I am! Who God made me! and BE HEalthy. Let´s do it together!
How are you feeling? are you recovered?
My hubby wants to go running tomorrow so I am in for it! But I am fit now.. I can do a full 20 pushups and a full 23 sit ups in a min. I can run and do jumping jacks. I can run with my hubby. right? ;) yippeee!!!
Big hugs! Being Happily us!