Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Harder Than I Thought!

Lets just say that maintenance mode is harder than I thought!

By day 5 of my recovery day I was pretty good, and by day 7 I felt great! SO great that I thought it would be a good idea to walk on the treadmill. Walking wasn't the problem... the problem was the ear-full that I got from my husband and mother-in-law for not abiding by the Doctors rules who strictly said NO treadmill... not even walking!

I have been trying to keep track of my calories, which on some days are actually lower than what I want them to be. * TIP* If you eat too few of calories your metabolism begins to slow down. And this is NOT what I'm trying to do for my body right now. So I've been trying to eat at least every 2-3 hours just to keep it up a bit!


I have been lifting my 5 lb dumbells in reps of 25 or just until I feel the "burn" and ironically my shoulders and triceps have been sore. This goes to show that you don't have to lift heavy weights to get results! Especially if you want to tone. Less weight, more reps are the key!

So, as for weighing in this morning. I weighed 127 lbs. On Wednesday I actually saw 126 lbs! But even though I've lost 1-2 lbs I'm worried that it's my muscle that I'm losing instead of fat. I guess only time will tell! In the meantime I have about 6 weeks recover left!

Now hop on over to see what Sandy has to say at God Speaks Today.

6 comments:

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

I wrote about metabolism today, too! You are wise to keep the muscle toned during this time. How nice to see 126 pounds...even if it is muscle, the rise of seeing that number is sort of worth it! ha ha.

Love you,
Sandy

Debbie said...

You and Sandy seem to be on the same page so often. Metabolism, yuck! It slows down as we age and we (me) has to work harder to maintain the same weight. For me, lifting 10 pound weights works best three days a week.

Love you,
Debbie

LisaShaw said...

I find such encouragement from you Sarah. You're a trooper and I appreciate you. I'm praying for you. Thanks for a few reminder tips on metabolism and extra reps for the burn.

Love you.

Sara said...

sarah, i totally meant to email you back the other day and tell you--i'm glad your hubby and mom-in-law yelled at you!!!!!:) you know you need to do what the dr. says!!!... i know you're dedicated, and fear losing not just the muscle and tone, but maybe even just the consistency of working out and staying in the routine. girl, you can get it back. and staying dedicated in this type of setting is just as growing--in many ways... since i went into maintenance mode a LONG time ago--when i had class, etc.... when i wasn't gaining weight and even seeing the scale go down--i tried to view it as a positive thing! i mean, sure it may have been some muscle--but that's easier to get back than getting fat off--if i had been gaining weight.... (maybe i'm totally wrong, but those were my thoughts on it...) you're doing great!! i admire your discipline and your honesty about it all!! hang in there--this time of year is always challenging, i think... but you will back in the swing of things before you know it!! love you, friend...i think you're amazing!!!

Dani Joy said...

Sarah, you are really keeping at it! I am so glad. I am glad you are working your upper body. I thought about that. That you could keep up with your upper body even though you couldn´t do any other workouts. PTL for that.

I am soo inspired by you!

This metabolism talk is helping me. I think I dropped to many calories last week. I was trying to do Jillian´s Peaking diet. (not all the way) I started WEd.

I Drank 3 liters of water with a little grean tea in some and then cran. juice in another liter. Well, by WEd. night I had a head ache. by Thurs. I was nausious and white as a ghost. slept 4 extra hours, but the preasure in my head and the nausia wouldn´t go away.
Not to mention weight gain.

Any ideas?
I did a lot of reading on water intoxication and believe I had a touch of it. But you say you drink 5 L. a day. How could this happen to me? normal water intoxication happens when a person drinks it all at once and more than I drank.

I have gained a few pounds too. I was touching 127 now I am back up to 131 this am. I wanted to write to Jillian and yell at her. It´s the first thing that I really have failed at with her advise. I felt like I followed everything.

Did you try the peaking diet?

I appreciate you and Pray for you as you recover.

Dani Joy

Dani Joy said...

Oh one more thing.. jeje.. HOpe I am not being a bother..

I have people telling me now that I am too thin. which I know isn´t true but it gets me thinking. Had someone tell me today that my face is getting gaunt. I still weight 130lbs. what´s up with that? I weighed 117 in college and no one ever told me my face was gaunt!! Oh and I had someone tell me I was obsessed with my weight now. Why? Just because I want to be my best for the service of the Lord, my family and myself?

Ok.. there´s my vent. Have you had anyone tell you these things? I don´t feel obsessed. Just want to be healthy and want to reach my goal and stay there.

Thanks,
Dani Joy