Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Promise I Haven't Been Slacking!

Well…

Where have I been (just in case you were wondering)? Well I haven’t been slacking that’s for sure. I haven’t posted in the last 5 months, so here’s the past 5 months in fast forward…

We moved into our new house the first week in December, and I spent the first two days painting our master bedroom & our kids’ bedrooms. And then all the moving began with countless trips from storage and my in-law’s house where we were living.




Then Christmas Came…


January was a month of me starting another round of P90X and getting things put in their place around our new home. I also decided to start training for another 10 K.


Then February hit. I turned 30, and 2 separate weeks out of the month I traveled to Phoenix for a business trip. This was my first time being away from my kids for more than 24 hours, but it was nice to be able to stay with my Brother & Sister in law, along with my beautiful nieces. They did a great job of keeping my mind off things & I was more than grateful to not be ALONE in a hotel wondering what my family was doing back home! The last week in February my parents, brother & his girlfriends came into town to visit… And my little brother got engaged!

Oh, and February was also the month that I picked up my first Twilight book. I'm officially a TWI-HARD!


In March my husband joined me in the “30 Club”. Then we traveled to Oklahoma for a family wedding that my son was in. This was shortly followed up to a trip to Dallas to visit my parents, brother & his fiancé. And I was pushing my body beyond it’s breaking point with training and doing P90X.


April came and exhaustion began to set in! This is when I started to feel it mentally and physically. Ran my race on April 24th with shin splints in 58 minutes and took the next 6 days off of not doing ANYTHING physical!



May is here (and almost over) and I can’t even believe it. I have a new rejuvenated energy about me, and now I’m ready to go. I hope you all can join right back up with me!


So enough goofing around... Lets get back to business!


4 comments:

Debbie said...

Sarah, I'm so proud of you girl! You look fabulous. Maybe you could come back to Phoenix to be my personal coach. I've moved too but I also sold all of our exercise equipment since we have no room in this much smaller place. I've gained weight and I need to get it off. You're an inspiration to me.

Congratulations on the new home, new body, and 10 K.

Hugs,
Debbie

韋于倫成 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dani Joy said...

Oh Sarah, thanks so much for the run down! Loved the journal! YOu look fabulous especially in the last pictures in your new clothes.

I have sooo missed you. Thought about you soo much these last two weeks. It seems that Ketty and I are encouraging ourselves to keep working out but I can´t help but think what you are doing. I am still doing about the same.. maybe not running as much, but I finally hit my record swim. I did 40 laps in an hour. thats´2k.

Would love to have you pop on over to the blog whenever you can and give some pointers. I know you are busy but we sure do miss ya. ;)

What are you working on now? I am mainly doing Jillian´s No More Trouble Zones. As it makes me feel strong. I do that like 2-3 times a week. and then lots of walking and swimming 2 times a week.

Congrats on the 10K. So glad you went through with it. I am sure you felt like you accomplished something incredible!

Your encouragement to keep our priorities straight was really a blessing. Thank you for caring so much. I pray for you.

Love ya girl!

Sandy at God Speaks Today said...

Wow...what a busy 5 months you've had. What a wonderful, full life. You look very happy.

I'm glad you took some time off (both from blogging and from exercise). I think you really needed it.

Your new house is SUPER CUTE!

Let me know if you'll be posting on Fridays.

I need my fitness buddy back. I've got this stubborn weight that won't come off. I need a kick in the behind to make me take it to the next level.

Thanks for all the photos. I love seeing pictures of you. You should make the one with your hair all stiking up your profile pic. :)

Love you and missed you so much.
Sandy

(typing this while trying to break up a kid fight...sorry if it makes no sense or has typos.)